


When photographing the moon you need to remember that it is a reflection of the sun and therefore is brighter than you think. In these shots I was using a 300mm lens. I wish I had an adapter for my telescope. So these shots are of the lunar eclipse that occurred earlier tonight. One thing that I noticed about the shots is that the moon is moving far faster than you might think and in trying to capture the shadow aspects you have to shoot at slower shutter speeds or wider apertures. Due to the magnification of the lens and the need to record the shadow area, faster shutter speeds that are needed cannot be had. Even locking the camera down on a tripod helps little. The cooler colored photo is shot at 1/320 sec. Fast enough to capture things and keep them relatively sharp focus. However, this is when the moon was at a very bright state. The other two are shot during more of the fuller effect of the eclipse. One more slightly blurred then the other. None of these are very good. Something to build on.
3 comments:
Hey... nice ideas. You really seem to know your photography.
Check out my blog.. i post my photos and photoshopped pics there.
The Photoshopper
Amazing photo! I tried to do the same thing with my simple point and shoot and I wish I had the SLR camera to journal the stages of the lunar eclispe!
I was pretty happy with the shot I posted, and now seeing yours I'm like, "dang, mine looks like crap now."
Post a Comment