Monday, January 14, 2008

Antique fun!

In traveling down to Charlottesville, I occasionally stop at an antique mall on the RT 29 corridor. I have found that there is so much beauty in things from the past. If only you take the time to look and listen to what's around you, fascinating stories will begin to unfold before your eyes. These are some images that I took while on my last visit. I am always amazed at what I find. Take a look for your self:



There is something beautiful in the tranquility of this image.



This just made me uneasy. Not sure why.



The Beatles and Kermit the Frog giving a free concert.



Jackie O. having a tea party.




Don't ask me why...I had to look inside.





You know your career has changed when your albums are for sale in an antique store.



...and they're real!



It's as if they are having some sort of get together.



I have always found it strange, old photos of people whom no one knows and who's history has no record that are for sale for others to buy. Where are these people now? What has become of their lives?



A wedding dress that was displayed in the middle of a room. It didn't look that old.

No comments: