Tuesday, August 26, 2008

20 Hours in Kansas!

I travel quite a bit for my job photographing all around the country. In doing so, most of my travels have me flying somewhere that when I land I have to grab my cases of equipment, get a rental car and drive to the shoot. All of this leaves me no time to stop and take a few shots of the scenery and flavor of the places that I travel. However, since this shoot was the next morning at 8:30 am I had some time to stop along the way during my 2 hour commute from Wichita to Concordia Kansas. These are some things I found along the way.


This was an abandoned store front in Wichita where I parked my car looking for some lunch. I love old buildings and objects with texture from the past. Rusted iron is beautiful!



Who? What? When? Where? If only walls (or in this case windows) could talk.



Kansas is very flat and the roads are as straight as they can be!



I just had to pull over when I saw this...



I have never seen a field full of sunflowers. So, I thought I would explore and here are some images that I made!






Duo tone version!


O.K. This is what I really came to photograph for a magazine cover. I would rather site see!


Jossie was the best subject!

No comments: